Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Loose Change" Short Film Model Build

Hey everyone, here is a model of a street scene I designed and built for the short film proposal "Loose Change" (Rubber Blanket Productions). It was to plan shots and get funding. My Partner Jeff helped me build it, it was a fun time and good memories. I hope you enjoy the pics and commentary.

Here is Jeff making trees from scratch

We used small branches and glued model train greenery on it.

We used Styrofoam to hold the trees in place to dry


I bought a HO scale train building as the store we needed to have on the street corner. Everything was based on that scale.

The streets are made from foam and painted black first.

Testing the trees...

Starting to look like a street

sidewalk looks pretty realistic from this angle

More trees waiting to be planted

With more details the street becomes realized. Everything is custom. The light poles are pencils, you can see the eraser.

You can really notice the pencils here.

Cool view from here.

Now there is mailboxes, garbage cans and people.

There is also a planter/Bench

The script called for a Hot Dog cart.






I printed an old mural and glued it to the building.

Thanks so much for checkin out my work!! A Big thanks to Jeff for all his help on this one. See you soon!!
Lance

No comments: