Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dr.Seuss Whoville Lightup Village


This was a Light-up village I created after watching the movie "The Grinch" with Jim Carey in 2000. It is based partially on the movie and partially on the book. The whole village is made from Crayola Model Magic air dry modeling compound. This cartoon like material really gives the Dr.Seuss feel to the whole project. Each building is about 7" to 9" tall. It fits on the top of a kitchen table and creates a perfect circle. It was a project I really enjoyed doing and colors I really like seeing. Please enjoy the pictures and comments!

The whole town, birds eye view. That's a lot of Model magic!!!

The whos around the Christmas tree in town square.





All the lights in the windows lit up, but the bulbs on the buildings are for decoration



This was from the book

The glowing windows look really cool in the dark
Who-Ville!!!




12 comments:

D. Gillespie said...

This is what I remember you making in the hotel room when I would visit Yanin. I could never believe what you could create.

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

your work is beautiful! I hope you find a place of work that appreciates you. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! Just looking at this it made me wonder if you are now working with Sculpey or some other polymer clay. If not, give it a try because you may find it a better medium. Great work.
-Elisanne

Brain Blurbs said...

It looks great. Browsed through your website. Started with the Muppet Show one. You are very very talented.

Would you sell this item btw?

Anonymous said...

:O this is the most awesome Christmas village I have ever seen. I wish it was available for purchase...absolutely incredible

Melissa B said...

wow amazing

Unknown said...

Beautiful

Norma said...

I love this village!!! It is absolutely magical and wonderful! Where can I get the material to try something like it??... :) noleri@hotmail.com :) I am so grateful to have found your pictures. They are inspiring! :)

Penny said...

Hi, Love the Whoville christmas scene! Adorable! You did an amazing job. I did one of Munchkin Land for a local business. It was fun but a lot of work.

Keep up the great work!

Penny H

Marybell Torres-Medina said...

I came across your village and I absolutely love it . I recently started collecting Dept 56 grinch village but I must say I enjoy the earlier 2000 buildings such as the post office and city hall building which were fashioned after the Grinch movie buildings. I wish you worked for Dept 56 as an artist designing a whole new line for their Grinch village

Lisa said...

Do you have instructions for these?

Tree said...

as old as this blog is, it is perfect for what I was looking for! Thank you Can you do a feature on the who people. around the tree really finishes the look.